NZB Drop release notes.
The most significant changes for each new release of NZB Drop are listed below. See the Read Me file included with the disk image for additional information.
- Introducing Rules: fine control over what's tossed, what's kept, and exactly where it's put.
- Updated unrar to the latest version so files archived with RAR v5 can now be unarchived.
- Fixed potential for multiple threads to run redundant par2 checks at the same time.
- Fixed clipping of bookmark button icon in Search view.
- Updated SMTP code to support StartTLS connections on port 587.
- NZB files double-clicked to launch the app are now properly selected and displayed.
- Added support for specifying passwords for encrypted rar archives.
- Added commands for re-downloading files or entire nzb sets.
- Added vibrancy in nzb table (Yosemite and later).
- Bandwidth menu now uses turtle icon to indicate when bandwidth is limited.
- Added Enter Full Screen menu item and key equivalent.
- Hide Download Activity now properly adjusts nzb table scrollview.
- Fixed display of nzb column tooltips.
- Fixed redraw glitch when deleting files or collections.
- Fixed drawing problems for collections with no subject.
- Fixed potential crash checking unresponsive pop server for email messages containing nzb files.
- Fixed inability to delete last remaining digit in port field of server preferences.
- Fixed the ability to specify a custom default nzb search site in search preferences.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed potential crash deleting files while downloading.
- Fixed rare crash closing nzb set.
- Fixed incompatibility with OS X.7 (Lion)
- Fixed auto-quit preference option.
- Fixed glitch deleting unselected NZB sets.
- Fixed several minor UI issues.
- Completely rewritten in 64-bit Cocoa (version 2 was 32-bit Carbon).
- Updated user interface.
- Reduced cpu usage and disk activity.
- Multiple threads available for post processing.
- Retina display support.
- Full screen support.
- Notification Center support.
- New command to clear finished downloads.
- Mavericks App Nap prevented while downloading.
- NZB sets can now be renamed.
- Option to sleep after downloading is now skipped if user is active.
- Numerous bug fixes and other improvements.
- Fixed issue that could cause persistent crash at startup.
- Fixed bug that could cause data corruption resulting in unnecessary par2 repair.
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Fixes several glitches running under Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Several bug fixes, including an intermittent crash at startup.
- New mailbox monitoring feature allowing nzb files to be emailed to NZB Drop.
- Control NZB Drop remotely via email commands, with optional email replies.
- Minor bug fixes, more UI tweaks, and under the hood performance improvements.
- New command to download files by filetype.
- New command to sort files by filetype.
- View option to display entire subject line instead of filename.
- Fixed crash and improved behavior when out of disk space.
- Fixed the Search page not honoring home page chosen in Preferences.
- Several bug fixes and UI tweaks.
- New bookmark support for the search view.
- New bandwidth controller in main window.
- New option to put computer to sleep after downloads are complete.
- New command to sort list of NZBs.
- Added items to the file list contextual menu.
- New download scheduling feature.
- Option to post process manually.
- Option to pre-sort files by filename.
- Improved the grouping of files into collections.
- Added preference to allow Growl notifications.
- Added checkboxes in server list to enable or disable servers.
- Fixed inability to drag files to the last position.
- Fixed inability to reorder nzb sets when there are only two.
- Fixed potential crash on quit when there are paused connections.
- Removed “distinguished” playlists from the playlist popups in Preferences.
- New application icon.
- Fixed excessive cpu usage that could occur when parts are missing from a primary server.
- Fixed non-reporting of certain server errors when additional servers are available to fall back on.
- Eliminated progress bar animation effect since the excessive drawing consumed too many cpu cycles.
- Reduced spike in cpu usage while assembling parts.
- Fixed non-reporting of unRAR errors when unarchiving embedded archives.
- UnRar will no longer automatically delete broken unarchived files.
- Fixed UI glitch that caused scroll bars to disappear in file mode when post processing begins.
- Par2 check will now use the smallest available recovery file if the main index file is missing.
- Fixed excessive cpu usage while downloading collections via the “Download Selected” command.
- Improved subject analysis for more accurate grouping of files into collections.
- Added preference to prevent computer from sleeping while connections are running.
- Improved RAR functionality to properly handle archives that contain multiple embedded archives.
- Fixed UI glitch where completed file would show incomplete progress bar.
- Fixed UI glitch where collection progress arrows would show while viewing files.
- Fixed potential crash while quitting application.
- Fixed cause of “an unknown error has occurred: error code 1312908132”.
- Fixed cause of data corruption, resulting in unnecessary par2 repair.
- Fixed crash when closing the Log window.
- Fixed nzb parsing problem that could prevent post processing from running.
- Split file joining now supports .ts split files (i.e 001.ts, 002.ts).
- Added Join command to the post processing menu.
- Fixed problems with post processing if par2 checking is disabled.
- Fixed UI glitches when manually running post processing commands.
- Fixed text wrapping problems in the list of files and collections.
- Downloaded nzb files will now be auto-loaded if they are not part of a larger collection.
- Fixed potential crash updating 1.4 databases.
- Unprocessed rar archives will no longer be "cleaned up".
- Fixed potential crash reading nzb files with excessively long subjects.
- Fixed display of ISO-Latin-1 entities.
- Fixed split assembly failure if there is a part 0.
- Downloads will now check all nzb sets for newly queued files before quitting.
- Fixed crash from malformed xml headers in nzb file.
- Added option for Clean Up to move files to trash rather than deleting outright.
- Fixed bandwidth limiting schedules.
- The Browser window can now be closed w/o shutting down running connections.
- Fixed cause of crash after long periods of downloading.
- Par2 failures from missing unwanted files are now ignored.
- Fixed incorrect/understating bandwidth in Dock badge.
- Fixed crash on quit after stopping connections.
- Fixed cause of all download threads locking up.
- Fixed crash from corrupt errors database.
- New unified user interface with browser window.
- Grouping of related files into collections.
- Par2 check and repair, with automatic retrieval of recovery blocks.
- Unrar, unzip, and split-file assembly.
- Inline search using binsearch.info or other usenet search engine.
- Support for up to 100 simultaneous connections per server.
- Option to skip specified filetypes, e.g. nfo, log, txt, md5, cue, sample.
- Option to clean up par2, rar, zip, and split files after successful post processing.
- Numerous bug fixes and other improvements.
- Fixed excessive cpu usage when limiting bandwidth.
- Fixed problem downloading files posted in more than 2048 parts.
- Default parts folder renamed to prevent Spotlight indexing.
- Fixed certain cases where nzb files added to the watch folder would be missed.
- Fixed timeout problem with ssl that could result in corrupted parts.
- Reveal in Finder command now selects the file in addition to opening the enclosing folder.
- Fixed potential crash saving nzb files.
- Significantly reduced disk activity when downloading large parts.
- Download Selected command will no longer proceed to next open nzb file.
- Fixed unkown error 27731.
- Fixed reveal/stop/resume buttons not always recognizing clicks.
- Fixed problem parsing nzb files that could result in incomplete files.
- Significant reduction in cpu usage and disk access.
- Added watch folder for auto-loading nzb files.
- Bandwidth limits can now be scheduled.
- New preference to auto-queue par checksum files (separate from PAR recovery files).
- New command to sort file list.
- “Fills only” server option replaced with server Usage setting: Normal, Fills only, or Manual only.
- Fixed crash displaying Errors window.
- Fixed Parts folder setting in Preferences being ignored.
- Fixed odd row selection behavior.
- Many other minor changes and bug fixes.
- Option to limit bandwidth usage.
- Time remaining indicator for downloads.
- Parts can now be stored in a separate location from completed files.
- The number of files remaining can now be shown in the dock icon.
- Displaying the Errors window whenever an error occurs is now a preference.
- Added detailed error logging when an improperly formated nzb file can not be opened.
- Fixed problem decoding binhex files on intel machines.
- Fixed several spinning cursor deadlock errors while downloading.
- Many more bug fixes.
- Growl notification support.
- Option to queue all open nzb files for download.
- Added Action pulldown menu to toolbar.
- Allow greater customization of the toolbar.
- Close menu command now works for all windows.
- Fixed errors when restarting saved nzb files.
- Reduced disk access while downloading.
- Numerous bug fixes.
- Initial release.